This unique solution is achieved by face mounting your print to the underside of plexiglass. Fully machined edges and painstaking attention to detail allows us to provide a near perfect presentation of your art. Printed on 4mil light blocking white film, face mounted to 3mm or 6mm, clear or matte plexiglass using a optically clear adhesive. Once mounted the print is covered with a thin styrene on which an aluminum cleat is attached for hanging or it can be hung with stainless steel standoffs which require holes to be drilled in the corners.
- Perfect for display transparencies
- Available in Clear & Non-glare. (Non-glare plexi only available in 1/8")
- Face mounted or surface mounted
- Why use white film?
- Because the film is opaque, in applications where a backer isn't needed there is no danger of shadows or view through. The other reason is the glossy film is perfectly smooth which makes for better optically clear mounting. Also with the elimination of paper products there is no worry about humidity or moisture.
- What is the need for the styrene backer?
- The styrene backer protects the print while giving a hanging cleat something to adhere to. Some places attach the hanging hardware right to the print but this will produce bubble eventually as the weight pull the print away from the plexiglass.
- Can I supply the print?
- You can but due to the nature of the process sometimes dust gets in between the plexi and print during the mounting. If we print it in shop we reprint it as many times as necessary but if the print is supplied sometimes we may need a second print to produce the piece. This is especially true of images with large amounts of black or white as even tiny dust spots are apparent.